Something all homeschoolers have to know...

Matt and I have always been huge chess rivals but teaching our two oldest children to play has brought this rival to a whole new level. I learned how to play chess in fifth grade and Matt perfected his game as an adult. Since we homeschool our kids we have had the oppurtunity to teach our girls this game at a younger age. Maddy is 6, and lets be honest I give her 3 more months before she can beat me. She takes after me in almost every way including the carnage she leaves on the chess board. She is willing to sacrifice pieces and understands the hieracrchy of the game and the players you do not want to loose. Sophie is 4 has an amazing understanding of the game, however her strategy is lacking (but she is 4!). Even Clara loves getting her hands all over the game.

Maddy showing off her first victory of the game.


I think she gets this look from me.


Clara wanting in on the action.


Cool photo oppurtunity.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. I remember playing in Mrs. Jenkins' class with you all the time. I love that your girls now play and could probably slaughter me too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts