Boise Adventure 2013: Sun Valley Wonderland

Sun Valley is one my favorite places in the world.  I am glad that the love of this town has spread to our kids.  Some of my favorite memories from this trip; walking through the picturesque shops holding hands, singing Christmas carols, and mocking the 4,000 dollar sweaters as we went.
  

Plus, there was ice skating.  Funny to think 12 years ago Matt proposed to me on that very ice rink and now our girls tentatively take to the ice.  Matt's sister Kali is truly a 'jill of all trades.' She gets on the ice and begins to spin and twirl like she does this everyday. Confident, that maybe ice skating is some how easier than I remember, I take to the ice.  It's not!  
I kept yelling, clutching the railing, how do you know how to skate so well.... 

I was so happy that Kali and Andy were there to take the girls for a spin around the rink.  They had so much fun.  Clara did inform me that she is really good when she skates with Aunt Kali but couldn't figure out why she couldn't skate that well with me.  Hmmm... I have an idea.   











We jingled all the way on a horse drawn sleigh ride.  
Pulled by a two horse powered sleigh, Henry and Maggie.  
I know I have mentioned this before but I am so happy that my girls inherited their love of skiing from their dad and not utter fear from me.  This year with all the man made snow we decided the girls would have more fun at Dollar mountain.  Matt deserves a huge round of applause for hauling kids up and down the mountain most of the day.  They loved it.  

 










Cheers to Erni and Doc for making this Sun Valley weekend happen.


I don't know why but Benedict's hair reminds me of Donald Trump. 

Comments

Popular Posts