Boise Adventure 2013: Shalimar and Adam's wedding.

We just returned from a two and half week trip to Boise and I have so much to blog about.  Our first big event was Shalimar and Adam's wedding.  I have to admit I got a little misty during the ceremony.  I can honestly say I spent more time praying for Shalimar's future husband than my own (I was not really into that at 19, when I got married.)  She is such a special friend and I am so happy that she found someone as fun and quirky as her.  They are quite the pair.  It should come to no surprise that their wedding was filled with pie and dancing.  

 

The girls loved the dancing and made a bunch of new friends.  


One of our favorite shows is the Impractical Jokers.  It is a candid camera type show in which 4 friends dare each other to do silly things. While it is not super family friendly we do let Maddy watch the occasional sketch. Maddy and I spent the night trying to touch our noses on unsuspecting people. Matt just decided to rearrange the letters in the newlyweds last name.   
Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Rub wells!   



Our family decided to break out of our style ruts.  Matt took a cue from Indiana and decided to rock a bow tie.  I decided to put ringlets in my hair.  Turns out I am a compulsive hair brusher so I did my best to resist the temptation.  Benedict wore the sweetest little suit.  All night we would refer to him as the 'Gentleman!" He would laugh and clap his hands at his new nickname. 
   
My sleepy boys.


I was lucky enough to catch the newlywed bride for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (of course) before we headed back to Boise.  I can not wait to see what life has in store for the happy couple.    

Comments

Popular Posts