Tabula Rasa

"I still remember the days I prayed for the things I have now."  What an amazing testimony to the grace of God and how far He can help us change and grow in such a short time.  The last 12 months have been filled with so many adventures, challenges, and blessings that my poor neglected blog has not been able to keep up.  I decided to do an ol' fashion David Letterman top 10 (over the next 10 days) to highlight some of the big changes that our little family has undergone.  

10.  DISNEY WORLD

Matt and I have an unspoken understanding that I am the "doer" and he is the realist.  I am the first to admit he keeps me in check or else we would have an RV and backyard full of chicken but every once in awhile I get my way and am totally right! On a whim we loaded 4 kids in the car, a very pregnant me, and a homebody to drive 14 hours to spend the day at the most magical place on Earth, Disney World.  I can not tell you how much fun we had.  The rides, the princesses, the shows were all fabulous, I would go again in a heart beat.  Clara was Chip in the Beauty and the Beast play, Sophie almost floated away on Space Mountain, Benedict was on "mouse" overload, Madeline just loved it all.  


  
Is this not the best picture you have ever seen?!  This pictures sums up all of their personalities... Matt is dropping the "O Shucks", Clara is posing for the camera all sweetly, Sophie is so adventurous and sopping wet and Maddy is plain old terrified.


Me and my girls in front of Cinderella's castle.


Benedict wore these sunglasses 90% of the trip and most of the time they were upside down :)

Speaking of Cinderella!  She called Benedict her little Prince Charming.  The girls were totally star struck.

 
Clara was smitten with Ms. Tinkerbelle


After a full day of Disney we waited in one last line to for the finale of all finales, Mickey Mouse himself.  Mickey was so excited to welcome us to his kingdom that he waved his huge plastic paw right across Sophie's face knocking her across the room.  Sophie got up, not sure if she should laugh or cry, with some encouragement from us she laughed.  However, this has lead to some very interesting and expressive art work.  


This is a seasick Mickey Mouse getting eaten by a shark.  He is obviously bad.

Comments

  1. That Mickey art work is the best! So funny! I also love the guys photo bombing your Splash Mountain photo. You were a trooper to go pregnant!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts