Benedict's Birthday

 Our sweet little Benedict turned one. 
While in Boise we had a sock monkey theme birthday with my cousin's daughter, Ava.  The two babies are about 4 hours apart.  It was such a delight to see everyone gathered around to celebrate our little guy.  After his birthday bath I combed his hair into a Mohawk as a joke. There was no going back once his hair dried.  I love my little sock monkey!!!      
 
 
Captivated by a birthday balloon...




 
 
 
Matt and Benedict are birthday buddies too.   

 
The birthday girl!!!

My cousin Jennifer made the most fabulous cake.  She makes us for her lack of cooking skills in cake decorating.  From one photo on my phone she created this masterpiece.  I have to admit that I did text her that morning to make sure a quick run to Baskin Robbins was not needed.  She came through and did a better job than I could ever imagine.  Thanks Jen!
 
 
 
The smash cake was equally adorable!
 
 
 
The crew who helped us celebrate...




 
Benedict is so blessed to have the best God parents ever.  I honestly feel when we are all together their kids are mine as our kids are theirs.  Johnny is convinced I hold Benedict too much and it is his job to toughen him up. 
 

 
 
As an only child myself I love watching the dynamics of having a large family.  He is an easy going, fun loving, sweet addition to our family.  I remember for Maddy's first birthday she received a xylophone.  In front of a family full of adults she would play one note and would stop and wait for applause.  Everyone would dote over everything that she would do.  She basked in the attention and was happy to oblige all of the on lookers.  Fast forward 8 years, and four kids later, Benedict opened his presents in a sea of children.  He had so many "helpers" that loved to open his presents.  He just smiled and loved all the attention, not from the adults, but the kids.  He loves being one of the big kids.  I know this year he will be propelled by this desire to keep up.




 

 
The birthday stare down...







 
The girls in purple....
 
 
 
I liked this straw so much I made Matt model it...
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts