Sophie's First Communion


Our sweet Sophie Anne received her first holy communion on Mother's Day (May 10th.) The ceremony was absolutely perfect, focusing on the kids and the sacrament.  Father Clayton and Father Gustavo did a wonderful job at relating to the crowd of second graders but also stressing the value and importance of the day.   


Matt and I feel truly blessed to be the parents of such a sweet saint.  She is the easiest child and has always been extremely holy.  Matt and I both have logged countless hours for Sophie during her years of sickness and struggles and feel truly appreciative that our prayers have been fully answered.  While I found myself praying for her on the days leading up to this event, I know that it is she who should be praying for me. 



This girl... just stunning.  I had been gently persuading her to forgo the traditional veil for a crown of flowers.  I knew her wild child hair would be the perfect for this style.  

 

To add to the excitement Erni was able to make the trip.  We were lucky to have here for this special day and Mother's day!   



Sweet sisters


Mrs. Linda is the girl's singing choir teacher and also the one who babysat our kids when we had Kateri.  She has gone out of her way to be so welcoming to us and our kids.  




I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful mother's day!


Comments

  1. What a beautiful girl! Congratulations to her and all of you on such a special day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts