Adjusting to life as a family of 6!

Except when riding her bike of course.   



I honestly have nothing to complain about... I have a baby who eats, sleeps, and has a wonderful temperament.  Clara was approved to be a "normal" kid again because her head has completely healed.  The hematoma is gone and she is back to running, riding her bike, and being helmet free.    


Benedict seems to just love being a part of our family.  He smiles when he sees the girls playing and loves to laugh at his big sisters tickles.  A couple of people have asked how our little prince is doing.  This seems like such a perfect title for him.  The girls just fawn all over him and really it is hard not to with his chubby cheeks and blue eyes.
 
His bright blue eyes are such a fun change seeing as he is looking more and more like ours  girls. 
{except more manly}


And for these sisters... they are awesome.  These two are always happy and supportive of one another.  They truly are best friends who rarely fight.  I think they enjoyed there alone time when Clara was staying in our room but made sure to force a smile when Matt asked them if they liked having her back.
  
Look at this helper girl!  She likes to see if she can change more diapers in a day than me.  She usually wins. The reward is an obscure 50,000 dollars.  I don't know where that number came from but I am probably in debt at least a cool mil to this one.  


And for Matt and I, we are doing pretty o.k too.  We have had our moments.  Marriage is such a wonderful thing because it seems like when one person is frazzled the other is able to step up and take on more than their fair share.  That happened a lot this month.       

It is finding a balance where family, work, being productive, relaxing, and having fun are all represented.  There were a lot of times I could feel the pendulum swinging out of control.  One week I worked out every day and made sure to leave work right at 5:30.  The next week I rushed home from work to go for walks and even took a half day to get my hair done!  This week I worked past 6:00 every night and have a paper that is not going to write itself


Somewhere in this Matt and I will find our groove.  Where we don't need to ask if the bills are paid or what time we need to be at work.  Everyone is adjusting and we need some time to find what works for us.  Have a great weekend and check out our 'To do' list!





Checklist for the Weekend:
Take Benedict for his first Swim!
Buy Madeline a first communion veil!
Sleep in and make a big breakfast.
Go for a run.  

Comments

Popular Posts