Pregnant with Anticipation

So technically I am pregnant with a baby but the long wait to find out the gender has been killing me.  The wait will soon be over.  In roughly 7 hours I will get to find out if I will be the mother of four girls or have a son.  Either way I will be happy but my gut is telling me this pregnancy is so different that I am inclined to think blue.  

Here is how we will find out.  I had my ultrasound today and the doctor put the results in an envelope.  I then gave it to a couple of friends who bought a gender specific gift for our little one.  I will open the gift tomorrow night on my 30th birthday!  Until then I thought it would be fun to take a gender prediction test.  So here it goes... 

Top Secret!
Creepy 3D ultrasound photo.
 Nobody should be able to see this much detail in a baby so uncooked.
Yay!
  • Hands Chapped/Dry or Softer?

Chapped: Boy  
This probably has more to do with my work.  Ethanol has a way of drying your hands out.   
Softer: Girl
  •  Eating more or sick/nauseated?

Eating more: Boy
This is the reason I am convinced it is a boy.  I have not had the slightest hint of morning sickness.  For the first 13 weeks I was waiting and it never came.  Hallelujah, I will take no morning sickness no matter what the gender is.    
Sick: Girl
  • Can people tell you are pregnant from the back?  Or are you pregnant all over?

Just from back:  Boy 
I have had 3 girls and this was true in all 4 pregnancies so I am not convinced. 
All over: Girl
  • Which breast is bigger during pregnancy?

Left: Boy  
Enough said.
Right: Girl
  • During the pregnancy, have you been crabby or happy?

Crabby: girl
Happy: boy
No morning sickness= a happy mom!
  •  Is the heartbeat high or low:

High: Girl
155 almost consistently.
Low: Boy
  • Which side do you lay on when resting:

Left: Boy
Pregnancy books guilt you into laying on your left side for the benefits of the baby.  This pregnancy I didn't feel guilty I actually preferred it.  
Right: Girl
  • During the pregnancy, have you been clumsy or graceful?

Clumsy: Boy
So not the most graceful person you will ever meet.
Graceful: Girl
  • Has the husband put on weight during the pregnancy?

Yes: Girl
No: Boy
Deferring this question to Matt.  
  •  Pick up a single key.

Picks it up by the long narrow part: Girl
Picks it up by the round part: Boy
Seriously this question is ridiculous!
Picks it up in the middle: Twins
  • Did the older sibling say Mom or Dad first?

Mama: Girl
Dada: Boy
I think it is a fact that babies almost always say Dada first.  Even though our babies usually say it to me, or the chair, or the dog and on a very rare occasion to Matt.  

Comments

  1. Hmmmm a bunch of these conflict for me! So interesting! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts