Nothing says summer like a slip and slide...

Slip and Slide:  Maddy and Clara are trading in their porcelain doll appearance and sporting a summer tan.  The girls have spent more time in the water this year than every other year combined.  An Ariel slip and slide has been a source of great fun.  One would think the ability to slip and slide would be second nature to children (especially kids like ours that play wipe out during nap time) but no.  After several failed attempts we soaped that thing up and Matt demonstrated his mad skills.  In the end the kids opted for an 80's rock and roll guitar slide as opposed to the traditional belly slide.  There was even a little Sophie bowling!  My large belly and I just watched from the sidelines.         


Balloons: After hitting up the dollar store for a "Go Fish" game we headed to downtown Boise for some Chinese food and to play our card game.  The girls were having so much fun it was hard to pull them away from all the excitement to head home.  Then I saw my opportunity a young couple holding approximately a million balloons walking by. We hurried out of the restaurant to catch a glimpse as they passed.  Turns out they had just had their engagement photo shoot and were happy to hand over some of their treasures.  It turned out to be a very special night.        


A Baby Storm:  It has surpassed a shower and has become a storm! Almost every one of my friends is expecting a baby this year.  It is so much fun to have company during this pregnancy.  Two of the babies I am most excited to meet are those of my childhood friends Alison and Katie.  I have known Alison (gasp)  for almost 20 years.  She and I have been friends since 6th grade.  Katie and I share birthdays and have been friends since 7th grade.  As you can tell this picture was taken a couple months ago (I am definitely showing now) and the picture is courtesy of Alison's blog.           


The girls and I were lucky to shower this first time mom with so much fun during her recent baby shower.  Here are some of my favorite pictures:   




No babies were harmed during this trampoline session.  
Matt freaked out when I told him that the girls and I loved the in ground trampoline.
Congratulations Alison! You are going to be an awesome mom.
Wow, we almost don't look pregnant in this picture!  
God and Country Festival:  One of my favorite summer traditions is the God and Country festival.  Matt, the kids, and I have a picnic before enjoying the fireworks.  This year we did not know the band so we camped out on a nearby lawn visiting with friends and playing Frisbee until the sun set.  Even though I have been convincing Clara for weeks that there is nothing to be scared of and fireworks are so pretty and fun, it didn't take.  She and I watched from the car.







  

Comments

  1. Love these summer pictures of your girls. Thanks again for coming to the shower!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts