And the results are in...

As a year older and possibly wiser I practiced a new found virtue... temperance.  If you know me than you know I can not keep a secret and even worse I can not have a secret kept from me!  I am the same person who broke down during my 24 week ultrasound (with Clara) and begged the doctor to tell me the gender because I couldn't wait until her birth.  I am the same person who canvased every ring store in Boise to get a "sneak peak" at my engagement ring.  Not this time folks, I drove to work and the only thing that separated me and the knowledge of our unborn baby's gender was a thin envelope and I didn't peak.  Matt texted me later in the day to see if I broke down and looked, but I didn't.  Jenna and Sarah were sure that as soon as they dropped off that yellow package I would have torn into it, but nope.  As we arrived at Gino's to celebrate my 30th birthday my mom assured me if I already knew she would be o.k., but I didn't.  And let me tell you secrets are pretty cool!             

 

As my red nail polish reflected off the white tissue I was sure that the contents inside of the package were pink... but they weren't!


Wrapped all by itself sitting on top was a onesie proudly declaring "little brother!" 


How did I react?  I made this face for the next week.  
(o.k. I am stilling making that face).  


How did the girls react?  With applause and smiles!


Like mother like daughter.  Maddy made that face too.   


Matt, the one who "voted" girl, was all smiles and in mild shock with the news.  


Clara ate her food.  She is most happy to move into the big girl bedroom.


Sophie let me show her the baby boy outfits all night long.  After everyone else had moved on, Sophie would ask "Mommy can you show me the boy clothes again!"  and I would.  


Matt spreading the news...  


A sweet photo of Maddy and Gramacita.  


Family of 5 and a half.


All the girls!


We can not wait for our baby boy!

Comments

  1. So exciting! Congratulations on a boy to add to your cute girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures. So cute and in the moment, you guys are such an amazing family! You might need some new "prince" Christmas ornaments to go with the pink lights and princess ornanmets this year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts