Update on my girlies...

Madeline:
One of the girls favorite books is Skippy John Jones.  It is the story of a Siamese cat who imagines himself as a chihuahua and all of the Mexican mischief that he conjures up.  There is a band of chihuahuas and the largest one is named Don Diego a.k.a "the biggest of the small ones."  This was a really long story to tell you, that is Maddy's nickname in our house.  She is definitely not a baby anymore and is a great help around the house.  She is an avid reader and did amazing on her home school reading assessment.  In her honor we ate dinner at a local Mexican restaurant named Don Diego's.  It was delicious and we will be back to support this local, family ran establishment.  
I bit the bullet and paid off my $10.73 fine at our local library so we could check out books again.  In celebration, we checked out two Fancy Nancy Books.  As a home school project and in the spirit of our aspiring artists we tried our hand at artwork inspired by the greats.              

Maddy pleased as punch with her Degas inspired ballerina.  
Maddy working her magic.  

Clara rolling her sleeves up to get to work.  
Yay library books!!!

Sophie:  
I know this is going to sound weird but our girls have an obsession with two things; jimmy dean's sausage and the dentist.  I do not claim any responsibility in supporting there constant nagging that they went to the dentist "so long ago, it has to be time again."  This speaks volumes about our dentist he is AMAZING.  His name is Roy Rogers and the girls love him.  I can honestly say that he adores our girls and even shed a couple of tears and lots of hugs when Sophie got her tube out.  Now here comes the sad part... He said that it was time for Sophie to quit sucking her two fingers.  I know she is almost five but this as been her only positive oral stimulation until the introduction of sausage.   
  Sophie at 3 months already a sucky sucking as she calls it.  Some of our church friends call her the "bowling ball" because of the way she holds her fingers.

Speaking of bowling, last weekend our family headed to the local arcade and kid bowling alley for some weekend fun.  My secret calling in life is the claw, arcade basketball, and air hockey.  Heaven forbid I learn a real sport!  However, Matt was the winner at the end of the day with 2 basketball wins.  I am proud to announce that we asked Sophie one time not to suck her fingers during the day and she has not done it since (7 days and counting!)      

Clara:  
From day one this little one has had a personality like no other kid.  She is hilarious and has a growing vocabulary that aids in her humor.  A couple of "Clara-isms"...
  • A nightly ritual when I give her a bottle she says "it's too hawt" and I respond "no it's not too hot" and this continues and our voice elevate until we are screaming it at one another then she erupts in laughter.  O.k., so I guess you have to see this before you find it as funny as we do.  
  • She picks her nose and says "booger, eat it mama!"  
  • The adorable way she says that tickles.
  • She constantly asks "where daddy go", "where maddy go" and "where fofo go."
  • Every night when I put her to bed she says "Mama" until I come back in and then says "hi!"  Have you seen those family guy commercials?!  I do not support that show in anyway but that commercial does make me laugh. 
  • The most common phrase in our house is "my turn"
  • She has a baby monster noise where she makes the most hilarious baby roar sound. 
  • and everything is "mama do it" read story, change diaper, sign her up for ballet, etc. 
  • She also is so proud of her ballet class with daddy.  
I could go on but instead I will leave you with this picture of her trying to flush the toilet like mama.  





Comments

Popular Posts