Pope Benedict XVI

Subconsciously, I feel that if I do not post all my pictures of Italy that our vacation will not be over. However, all good things must come to an end. Our time in Rome was the trip of a lifetime, all because of this man. After being in the busy hustle and bustle of Rome we found the US Office of Bishops to be refreshing and rejuvenating. They gave us our tickets for the papal audience, a tour, reconciliation, and dinner recommendations. The sisters suggested we arrive at 8:30 a.m. even though the audience did not start until 10:30 a.m. Being early and having confused American looks landed us in the front row! The audience was amazing. It seemed like a Catholic pep rally at first but as they introduced the United States and read the address in English it was sooo much more. Matt and I were missing our girls and found this to be extremely emotional.

What style?




The cutest old man wave that you have ever seen.


Matt and I at the papal audience.




How could I not take a picture of this?! The kid wearing it gave me the stink eye because it was pretty obvious that I took his picture. P.S. my boss is Danish and it make me think of Austin Powers.


The Sistine Chapel.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Actually, your boss is Dutch... :P Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts