Stolen Moments

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things..." -Antonio Smith


So this post is a total cop out because I realize that I have not been doing items on my bucket list (there are some in the works that I will talk about later) but honestly I have been enjoying all of the small things. Call it 1/3 life crisis averted, a better mood, or the summer heat zapping all of my energy but my attitude has shifted. I understand some of the best moments are those little looks when you are pushing your kids on the swing, or all of the "help" you get making dinner, or being able to sneak out of work for a long lunch to watch my girls swim lessons.


Since my last post... Maddy has been taking swim lessons M-Th at Ivy Wild pool, caught up with an old friend, Serena and her daughter Ayden, went to Stephanie and Jason's wedding, and out on the boat with the fam and my friend Shalimar.

I suck and did not take any pictures of Serena and Ayden but we thoroughly enjoyed their company and loved getting to see Ayden all grown up.

Jason and Matt have been friends as long as Matt and I have known each other. Jason was Matt's best man in our wedding 10 years ago and Matt was able to repay the favor. The kids had a blast dancing the night away to their 80's cover band. Which would have made for completing bucket list item #47 "rick roll" someone but the band did not know that song, seriously?! Congratulations Jason and Stephanie we are so happy for you guys.

Shalimar, a former coworker and great friend, asked if she could attend mass with us on Sunday. Obviously, I was over joyed and loved having her with us. It is funny how when you go to mass with a non-Catholic you realize exactly how much sitting and standing you do. No pressure, but I have to mention bucket list item #17 is to sponsor someone coming into the church :) After mass we went to lucky peak for boating, swimming, and rocking out to Toby Mac.



Maddy has been doing awesome at her swim lessons.



Sophie enjoys playing in the kiddie pool while big sis is taking lessons.



My water babies!


I went back to work smelling of sunscreen, a wet hip and arm from carrying my water babies and a big smile on my face. For the record, my boss did approve of this long lunch.



Please someone tell me that you clicked on my link so I can cross off number 47!



I love my little angel.


Congratulations guys and enjoy your honeymoon.



What a big girl driving the boat.



Getting more then her feet wet.



A perfect night for a swim with friends.

Comments

Popular Posts