Bye Bye Boise



'We will miss you!' cupcakes made by Cheryl and her girls.  

The night before we pulled out of our drive way for a cross country move we celebrated our departure by having a picnic in the park with all those dear to us.  The kids played in the splash pad, adults talked, and everyone hugged. Benedict was passed around like a champ and he loved all the attention.

 
Speaking of Cheryl's lovely girls.  
 We are truly blessed to have the best family and friends ever.  This party was such a testimony of love for us, for our kids, for my mom.  Rather than say good bye to everyone individually we decided to have a large potluck as a last hurrah.  It really seemed to help me cope with the idea of moving.  I kept saying to everyone "Oh I will see you at the party" rather than saying good bye.  Turns out it is still hard to say good bye even if it is under the guise of  this is fun because we have crappy pizza and cupcakes.
Work Friends.  

After we left the party Sophie said that 'that is the most hugs I have ever had in my life!' I agree.

There was probably 80 people there.  Church friends, Matt's family, my family, work friends, and all those in between people that have made Boise the best city to live in.  Thanks to everyone who came and we miss you all so much already.

Oh the weather.  Did I mention the weather?Seriously, a torrential downpour complete with lightening and thunder.  You know people are hard core when they stick around even when rain is coming in side ways.  But then there was this...    
A beautiful rainbow!
Everyone, o.k. just Matt, was joking that this was a sign and that God did not want us to leave.  Not gonna lie I felt a little like Jonah (from the veggie tales movie not the Bible) and I was going to me made to walk the plank.  We just ask for everyone's prayers as we embark on this journey.  Here are some more pictures.      
  
Idaho Cookies decorated courtesy of our girls and my mother in law.  
These Girls :)
and their mommies!
Not just work friends but great friends.  Will miss our weekly lunches.    
Second to Matt's mom, I know Matt will miss his best friend Johnny most.
And no we are not moving because I am jealous of their relationship.  

One of my oldest friends and birthday buddy Katie.  We were so lucky to have our last days in Boise overlap with her trip home for the summer.  I was also fortunate enough to see a couple other friends from high school that night too.  

Comments

Popular Posts