Boise Bucket List: Paddle Boats and the Rose Garden

Our final installment of the Boise bucket list had to wait until life settled down a bit.  We did not finish all of the items on our list but we did squeeze in a trip to Julia Davis Park for a walk through the rose garden and a quick ride on the paddle boats.  I was surprised to find out that Maddy remembers pretty much every detail from her 4th birthday that was celebrated at the Rose Gardens.  Which is good because I was very pregnant with Clara and organizing a tea party so I am happy that it did not go unnoticed. The girls loved running around and finding the prettiest and most fragrant flower on the premises.  
The paddle boats are really a secret gem in Boise.  For a very fair rate of 8 dollars an hour you can get a work out paddling all around the little pond.  I did get in a fight with the lady who works there because she could not comprehend that there was 3 children and 1 adult and no I was not gong to leave my almost 8 year old to captain a boat.  So turns out you can switch riders if you throw enough of a stink.       
I believe this beaut was named 'The Dolly Pardon.'
This large bloom won for the most fragrant.  
Clara was fascinated with the blue water.  
As Dora would say "Life jackets so we can be safe." 
Clara gets her turn and was a master at steering.

Comments

Popular Posts