Sucky Sucky

Funny how we as parents try so hard to get our kids to grow up and yet when they do, it seems so sad.  I have been trying to get Sophie to stop sucking her fingers for years.  From the time she was a baby she had a very distinct 'bowling ball' sucking habit.  She gave it up for lent a couple years ago, but like most of our bad habits, she picked it right back up after Easter.  After having a boo boo on her finger she quit cold turkey about 6 months ago and hasn't looked back.  I think it even feels weird for her to try now.  While I am happy that she is a big girl I am also sad that she is a big girl.            




 During the same time, Clara began to be able to say her 'S' sound with another consonant (think 'nickerdoodle or 'noman).  The blanket that we have come to know and love as 'nail blankie has become snail blanket.  Half the time I have no idea what she is talking about.  Girls, please stop growing and changing so much!  


Luckily, I have this...


Comments

Popular Posts