1 month update!

Our little guy is one month old today!  

The human heart is an incredible thing... 
1 month ago it was hard for me to believe that I could love any more than I already did.  And yet here he is.  Our 4th baby and he has completely changed our lives.  He is precious and sweet and so well loved!  This time it is not just Matt and I who love him but his 3 big sisters are smitten.  


Benedict 1 Month Stats:
  • To my surprise, he looks like a boy. I thought babies were gender neutral for the most part at birth.  He looks like "our" baby for sure but more manly!
  • He has a full head of hair just like his big sisters.  
  • His eyes are blue.  Maddy was born with blue eyes and they kept getting darker and darker by 9 months they were brown.  Sophie and Clara were both born with dark brown eyes.  As a scientist, it will be an interesting study in genetics.  Matt's dad and my mom both have light colored eyes, so it is entirely possible (1 out of 4 chances) that he has blue eyes.  
  • He is the best nurser.
  • After a honeymoon (induced by jaundice) his sleep patterns changed  He sleeps about 3 hours at a time.
  • Without a name for 9 months, the girls and I still call him the "new baby" more than Benedict.
  • He has several other nicknames including; Ben, Benny, Baby B, Prissy pants, T-Rex arms, and tit mouse.  
  • After 1 month, I have come to LOVE his name.  I came around and barely think of eggs benedict :)
  • I love the adorable sleep smiles that he gives and the way he kicks his legs like he is exercising.
  • He is very snuggly and loves to be held.          

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts