Number 46: Epic Desserts!

Matt and I have a habit of watching hit T.V. shows well after they have gained popularity and in most cases have ended completely.  This is true of the Sopranos, House, and Everybody Loves Raymond.  I remember this one episode of ELR (this is what we call it in our house) where Deborah writes a bucket list and encourages Ray to do so too.  After peeking at his list she says there is more to life than eating.  

Unlike Ray, my bucket list is diverse with adventures (sky diving), physical challenges (running a half marathon), charitable acts (donating hair to locks of love) but let's be honest there has to be one food related quest!  I actually have two but I was able to cross one off my list last week; tasting, devouring, and eating all 33 cheesecake flavors at the cheesecake factory.  

Disclaimer:  After 4 years I am able to cross this item off my list and I can say that I have rarely had any cheesecake twice.  All but one dessert was shared with friends or kids or my mom.     

Favorites:  Craig's Crazy Carrot Cheesecake and Dutch Apple Caramel Streusel.  
Unexpected Favorite:  Mango Key Lime Cheesecake
Favorite Seasonal Cheesecake: Peppermint Bark Cheesecake 
Least Favorite: Really, is there such a thing? 
If I had to pick I would say the Original or the Fresh Banana Cream cheesecake.

In other, slightly ironic news, I failed my glucose test :(  So I had to spend the whole day in the doctors office getting poked with needles. With a flu shot and a vaccine for whooping cough (apparently this is going around) I have had 7 shots/ blood draws in the last week.  Besides the needle pokes I really didn't mind 3 hours to myself to paint my toenails, go for walks, and read magazines.  The nurse told me that almost 75% of people who fail the 1 hour test pass the 3 hour test with flying colors.  I should know the results tomorrow.  Say a prayer if you get a chance or send some low glycemic recipes my way.  

Comments

  1. I like your bucket list posts, but this one has to be the best!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts