I have a whole bunch of cute pictures just hanging out on my phone and let's be honest there is nothing to tie all these random thoughts together.  So here is an odds and ends post of the past month or so...

All things crafty:  
  
After having success last year at the local U pick farms I was anxious to get out there again this year.  Our first adventure took us to a strawberry field in Emmett.  Let's just say it was hot, I was pregnant, and strawberries are low to the ground.  The berries are not what you see in the store so to pick a flat worth was quite a challenge.  We did have enough to make some easy peeasy freezer jam.  Oh well!   
Freezer Strawberry Jam
Wash and Hull Strawberries (4 cups)
Crush Strawberries in Blender
Add Sugar (1.5 cups) and 1 package of Ball Freezer Jam Pectin Mix to pureed strawberries.  
Laddle into clean jars and let stand for 30 minutes.  
Freeze

After picking strawberries I see where the phrase "Cherry Picker" comes from.  In 30 minutes we picked way more cherries than we would ever need.  Rainier cherries in the grocery store are going for over 3.99 lb.  We picked these delicious cherries for .99 a lb!
       



  

Easy as cherry pie!
We also made a ton of apricot jam!  
We had to buy the apricots because we slept in and they were all picked out by 10 a.m. I was so glad I posted the apricot jam recipe from last year on my blog.  It turned out perfect, once again!
  

I have been seeing Catholic Saint Peg Dolls everywhere!  Like here and here.  I made some of our favorite saints; Mary, Saint Mary Magdalene, St. Therese Little Flower, Saint Peter, and a Divine Mercy Jesus and many more.  They were hit and the girls loved them.  I also tuned a bird house into a church so they have a place to sleep. 


The new collection (not quite finished) includes; The Sacred Heart of Mary and Martha. 
Concerts:  
Matt and I went to 2 concerts in one week!  I have not done that since college.  The first concert was Pink Martini in Sun Valley.  What a treat.  It was an awesome present for my 30th birthday from my mom.  This was the 5th time I have seen them in concert and only second to the first time I saw them, in a Starbucks playing acoustic, it was by far the best.  The music was great, the people watching was hilarious, and overall it was just wonderful to spend some time with my husband.        
 

The second concert was an unexpected treat.  I have been on a lucky streak lately and won two tickets to see Lone Star. {I really hope I am not the only person who says lucky like Napoleon Dynamite.}  The concert was a private performance with maybe a hundred people.  It felt like they were playing in our living room.   
In addition to the concert tickets, I won a nest necklace from a blog that I read.  I started following this quirky Christian mom on Instagram because of I have been meaning to buy one of these necklaces since I found out we were pregnant with our fourth little "bird."  Since then I totally connected with her pregnancy cravings and her fun personality.  Check her out.  
   

In other random news:
Football season is upon us! 

Our neighbor got a puppy!  Maddy and I love this little puppy.  Sophie, however, is scared to death of her.  She clings to me like a baby kangaroo and climbs up on my head.  The puppy scratched her the other night and Sophie relayed the story about how the dog of terror scratched her with "her claws."    

 

Missy looking especially dangerous!
How about this puppy?

Comments

Popular Posts