Girls night in/out

This weekend was a perfect balance of time; at home and away, with kids and with friends.  Here are some pictures and stories of our weekend adventures. 

Girls Night In:  
What is a busy mom suppose to do when she notices her toe nails have not been painted in over a month, her legs are screaming to be shaved, and bangs have been kept extra long to hide a growing uni brow?  Have a spa day! The girls and I took advantage of Matt working to do all things girly.  We slathered masks on our face and soaked our feet in fizzy water.  Sophie and Clara kept to there busy bee nature and barely relaxed enough to enjoy a foot and hand massage.  Madeline, however, soaked in every minute of relaxation with cucumbers on her eyes.     

  




Girls Night Out: 
Have you ever had a friend that seems more like a sister than a friend?  Well, that would be my friend Shalimar.  I am pretty sure she has seen me in my pajamas more than anyone outside of my family and is a regular at the Friday night "Say Yes to the Dress" marathon session that occurs at my house. She is the friend you call when you need help making your kids birthday cake, or need to vent about work, or just to say "I had my first pumpkin latte of the season."  After lunch on Sunday I learned she is not just that special friend to me but to a lot of women.  While I was the only person who was not part of the larger group of friends I felt so welcomed and included in this special celebration.  We did what girls do best; eat, compare pinterest pins, laugh, and share stories about our families and faith.  Thank you Shalimar and Crystal for opening your home to me and for the fun opportunity to have a little girl time (that did not include Princesses or Dora.)    
             


Comments

Popular Posts