Making everyday LEGENDARY!

Matt and I are notorious for watching popular television shows about 5 years after they have hit their prime.  So when I was on maternity leave I became obsessed with 'How I met your mother.' After 6 weeks I had to return to work and Benedict became quite the little sleeper so I never actually found out who the mother was.  Anyways Barney was always my favorite character with his witty humor.  Long story short there is an episode where he distracts himself from reality by making every night legendary.  With some cheesy special effects and rock music they announce what they will do that night to make it special.  Some of the nights include starting a mariachi band and bringing a horse into a bar and my personal favorite was the night where they find Phil Collins and convince him to reunite the band Genesis so they can sing back up.  
I feel in part that I find myself doing this with Matt, my mom and the kids.  We are living here and while it is not Boise and not home by golly we are going to make our time here legendary.  So every festival, zoo and park will not be left unexplored.  A couple of our recent legendary events include; 'the time we had to use a hammer to cut an ice cream cake' and 'the day we saw a seal fight' and most recently 'the time Benedict had a reason to wear his lederhosen.'   

 

Benedict received this gift from a friend of Matt's family who lives in Austria.  While I was skeptical that we would find a reason for him to wear these.  Then like some sort of divine providence we moved to a town with a Germanfest.       


The church we have been attending, St. Boniface, puts on a festival to celebrate the church's patron saint.  We all had fun riding rides, eating lots of food, and dancing the night away to a polka band.  That's right a polka band.  




  


An outtake!
     

Comments

  1. Love your perspective, love his lederhosen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I love that they have a Germanfest, but I love even more Benedict's lederhosen. Pretty sure Adam and I will have to make it to Germanfest one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts