So much to be thankful for...

Thanksgiving morning was spent cuddled on the couch in our pajamas eating donuts and watching the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade.  Every year we are so busy, or wake up late, that we only catch the last 10 minutes.  Not this year.  I loved how the girls would cheer on every balloon and couldn't wait for the Dora float but most of all I loved how this year Thanksgiving seemed not to be the milestone but a mere passage into Christmas.  Maybe it is because we did Thanksgiving a little different this year or maybe it's because we have a baby due soon either way I am ready to put up lights and sing Christmas carols.  With that being said, I have so much to be thankful for... my wonderful husband, 3 beautiful girls, a baby that somersaults and jumps in my belly constantly, and so much more.  

After the parade we headed to Sun Valley for a beautiful holiday of skiing and swimming.  Feeling especially lame and pregnant I could not do either :(  So I watched and enjoyed the memories our girls were making.
My in laws have spent many a thanksgiving like this and they were kind enough to be our hosts and helpers for the trip.  What a treat!          

Family Time:
We were able to take the Gondola up to the top of Baldy to play in the Snow.
We laughed the whole way up and had a snow fight up at the top.

Talk about a nice and relaxing way to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner.
We ate a feast at the  Sun Valley Inn and no cooking was required.  
The girls loved the winter wonderland that is Sun Valley this time of year.  
We did a little post dinner shopping and lounging.  

 

Mesmerized by the Ice Rink.   
Maddy was the only kid who would get close enough to the  ducks and swans for a picture.
In Clara and Sophie's defense they did seem slightly aggressive.  

 Angry Polar Bear:


I have never laughed so hard in my life.  Clara loves Koala and Polar bears so I thought she would
obviously love this hat.  Not so much.  She gave Matt and I the biggest stink eye and was generally depressed until I told her she could take it off.     
If looks could kill.  
Much better.  
Skiing:  

Maddy did an amazing job skiing.
Her first time skiing River Run and her first time this year she acted like a pro.  
In typical Sophie fashion she does everything with a smile and like a wet noodle.  
Clara, my little snow bunny, hung out with me.  
Madeline told Matt that she pretends that she is in the Olympics as she skis down the hill.  

Nice to see a little snow (even if the majority of it was man made.)





Three Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed: 

If I thought our 3 bedroom house was tight imagine this  "show on the road."  

 Swimming:
Looking like an Olympian in her goggles too.  
Sophie is a little fish and loved the pool most of all.  
Matt and Clara roasting in the warm outdoor pool. 

Comments

Popular Posts