Smells like sunscreen, chlorine, and summer

Even if the grocery stores have started putting out their back to school supplies and Halloween decorations it still feels very much like summer.  With over 90 degree days and a smokey inversion, from all the forest fires, I am ready to embrace the cooler weather and long sleeve shirts.  However, we are still enjoying these last days of summer and here are some pictures (and a video) to prove it.   


Swim Lessons:  Something in swim lessons just clicked this year.  We have two little fish (Madeline and Sophie) and one bathing beauty (Clara).  The girls love their swim teacher, Sarah, and she does such a good job juggling all three girls and their very different abilities.  I was able to sneak away to watch their last swimming lesson of the year.      

Kids with goggles crack me up!  
Sophie diving in to get her magic wand.  
Maddy mid jump into the deep end.  

Watch 'em action!  Maddy and Sophie have very different swimming styles.  Sophie is more of a natural little fish and prefers to swim under the water.  Maddy has really mastered the strokes and like her personality is very much a rule follower.  That kid is going to make an awesome mom, teacher, and/ or police women with the way she can lay down the law to her sisters.   

Kid Update:    
Maddy will be 7 in less than a week!  Between traveling and being pregnant I kind of slacked of on the party planning but some how it seems like it will work out.  We are having a luau/ pool party at Suzanne and Jesse's house.  Jesse is just a couple months older than Maddy and Suzanne has been instrumental in painting all of our kids bedrooms.  I will have to fill her in on a the nursery plans.       
 

I remember the day that I found out I was pregnant with Maddy.  
It seems like yesterday but she really is growing up.  She will be in 2nd grade this year.  
I am so proud of her she is such a smart cookie.    


Sophie loves putting on little productions.  Look at my little Tinker Belle! She dresses up and twirls her way around our living room.  She adds so much entertainment to our family.  Sophie will be in kindergarten this year and is anxious to start her first year of homeschooling.  


Clara is my sweet sassy big girl.  I was a little nervous that she would not be ready to be a big sister.  However, the last couple weeks she really has embraced the idea of the new baby.  Watching her fun little personality I know that not only will she be ready but we will all be ready.  She is not the little baby that she once was.  She is 100% potty trained during the day, and knock on wood, has been the easiest so far.           


You didn't think I would leave the new baby out! I am over half way done at 22 weeks pregnant.  We were able to catch another sneak peak of our baby last week.  While, of course I think he is adorable, the 4D ultrasounds continues to creep me out. Here is to hoping that he comes out looking more like a baby and less like Voldemort.  
Another visit from the tooth fairy:  Maddy lost another tooth.  It seems like every time we are around Matt's family she gets the courage to yank one out.  This time around, Aunt Cheryl convinced Madeline that it would only take a second and she could do it.  After some mild peer pressure from everyone the tooth was out.     


Maddy's toothless grin with Aunt Cheryl.  

Comments

Popular Posts