Christmas 2011

I have been blessed to marry into a family that's Christmas Eve celebration is the stuff dreams are made of.  Santa arrives to hand out the first Christmas presents and remind the children that they need to brush their teeth and clean their rooms (and in the case of Clara strike fear).  

After marvelous treats and Santa, the Dunne family unveils this years pinata.  This year was Mario.  He was actually 2 pinatas (head and body).  This allowed young and old alike a shot to break it.  Sophie, Maddy, and I all made an honest attempt but it was Matt that actually cracked him (even though Kari gave Mario a run for his money and I swear "loosened" him for Matt).      

 

 Clara and I had an outfit change after she "showed" (all over both our outfits) the first signs of the impending flu.  Thanks Cheryl for the clothes and helping me bring sexy back compared to my more modest approach to dressing. 
 
Christmas morning was celebrated at our house with my grandma, mom, and Matt's mom and Doc. We opened presents and ate a delicious brunch.  We missed Randy, Chris, and Abby this year since they have become part of our Christmas morning tradition.  We snuggled and lounged around the rest of the day.  Thanks to everyone for the wonderful Christmas cards and presents.  Our families are way too generous and the kids loved every minute of it.        

Comments

Popular Posts